RANGE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC NOV. 20 TO DEC. 18, 2020 under Executive Order 20-99.
RANGE to public access from Nov. 20 - Dec. 18, 2020
TO AVOID WAITING, PLEASE CONSIDER RESERVING A LANE ONLINE.
As of 7/25/2020 masks are required while inside the HERO center. Masks are not required once inside your shooting stall per Order 20-81.
Shooting Lane Rental Rates
RANGE HOURS - Saturday 10 am - 8 pm / Sunday 10 am - 6 pm
NOT OPEN ON HOLIDAYS
RANGE RENTALS OPEN WEEKENDS & AMMO IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE WITH LANE RESERVATION
Woodbury & COttage Grove
NON-Resident RateHourly Rate
SEE RULES BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.
SHOTGUNS NOT ALLOWED
AMMO FOR SALE!
We sell limited calibers of ammunition which are available for purchase with a paid lane reservation. We carry the following ammunition calibers: .380, 9mm, .40, .45, and 5.56. All purchases must be completed at the HERO Shooting Range. No online purchases and all sales are on first-come basis with no returns allowed.
(Ammunition is subject to availability)
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: DURING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS WE ASK THAT YOU NOT WAIT IN LARGE GROUPS INSIDE THE FACILITY. WE ENCOURAGE ALL SHOOTERS TO RESERVE A LANE ONLINE, BUT WALK-INS ARE WELCOME. WALKS-IN ARE BASED ON AVAILABILITY. YOU MAY HAVE AN ADDITIONAL PERSON SHOOT WITH YOU IN YOUR LANE BUT YOU SHOULD ADD THIS PERSON IN YOUR ONLINE BOOKING AT THE TIME OF YOUR RESERVATION OR PAY UPON ARRIVAL.
RANGE SAFETY VIDEO (PLEASE WATCH)
Before visiting the shooting range we ask that you please watch this 8:29 video to be familiar with proper safety and etiquette while at the HERO Shooting Range.
What is allowed and not allowed at the range?
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – (Updated 6/1/2020)
AMMO IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. Limit 2 boxes per paid lane reservation.
- BRASS casings ONLY, no aluminum and no steel casings allowed due to our metals recycling.
- For your safety, Range Safety Officers (RSO) will be inside the range at all times during the public shooting hours. RSO’s have ultimate authority to remove an individual(s) from the range for any violations (NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED).
- All firearms must be unloaded and encased when brought into the HERO center and range. Legal permit to carry holders should keep their firearm holstered at all times until safely on the range.
- For public use we only allow bulls-eye targets and DO NOT allow human silhouette targets. You may bring targets or purchase targets directly at HERO Center. No exploding targets allowed. (Examples of ALLOWED targets are displayed below)
- No reusing of another person’s target. Each shooter must purchase or provide their own target.
- Handgun calibers are allowed up to .45 caliber.
- Rifles are allowed up to 300 Win. Mag.
- You may bring your own ammunition but it must be in original packaging or in boxes clearly marked “range friendly”. No “mixed bag” ammo is allowed as we cannot have armor piercing rounds on the range. Individuals who re-load their own ammo may bring a large bag of ammo but all ammo should be consistent with each round in your storage container.
- All brass will remain at HERO Center, unless you reload ammo. In this case any casings may be picked up in your immediate range stall. If any brass goes beyond the range stall tray that will remain with HERO Center and you CANNOT go beyond the range tray/tables in the shooting stalls.
- No drawing from a holster. Only law enforcement or government agency members may draw from a holster; or anyone as required under the guidance of HERO Staff/instructors for specialized training requiring such action.
- Only (1) firearm is allowed to be cased or uncased while standing at the firing line in your shooting stall. All weapons should be cased and uncased with the muzzle pointed down range while standing at the firing line ONLY.
- All weapons should be loaded at your shooting stall, using the shooting stall table/tray to place your weapon and ammunition for loading.
- Shotguns will NOT be allowed. Due to our brass recycling program we have to limit shotgun usage to avoid wads in the trap system mixing with brass.
- We DO NOT allow high decibel level munitions which include, but are not limited to for pistol: .44 Magnum, .454 Casull, .460, .475 Wildey Magnum, .480 Ruger, .50 AE, .500 Linebaugh, .44 Mad Max, .440 Cor-Bon, .475 Linebaugh Maximum, .460 S&W Magnum and .500 S&W Magnums and any others not listed over .45 caliber.
- We Do NOT allow the following rifle calibers: Any caliber larger than .300 Win. Mag, to include but not limited to: .300 WBV, .338 WIN Mag, .375 H&H, .444 Marlin, .45-70 GOVT, .50 BMG. This list is subject to change and all calibers should be verified before using at HERO Range.
- Range Safety Officer’s will make the FINAL DECISION on what ammunition is allowed if it comes into question.
- We DO NOT allow black powder firearms. No tracers, no incendiary, no explosive, no steel core, no steel-jacketed and no modified firearms which operate as “controlled rapid firing” to include but not limited to: bump stocks (slide fire).
- NO “ARMOR PIERCING AMMUNITION” ALLOWED. Any individual who uses an armor piercing round on the range will be held financially and personally liable for any damage, injury or death that occurs as a result of this action(s). Armor piercing ammunition is defined under 18 U.S. Code § 921. Definitions:
17 (B) The term “armor piercing ammunition” means:
(ii) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for us in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.
- We DO NOT rent firearms on-site.
- Eye protection and hearing protection is mandatory and each shooter is required to have on at all times. Necessary protection equipment is available for a small rental fee. Eyes & Ears are include for use at no extra charge for individuals with an annual range membership (Memberships coming soon).
- FOAM PLUGS ONLY are not allowed. All shooters must wear properly rated hearing protection while on the range.
- Lane rentals must be rented by an adult 18 years of age or older. Children 10-17 must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian. A liability waiver must be signed for all shooters and individuals entering the range regardless of whether or not you shoot.
- No disrespectful or unruly behavior will be tolerated. Any behavior that is deemed a violation by the range safety officers will result in removal from the range and could result in future denied access to use the range. Any behavior or actions that present a danger to life or property will result in removal and denied use of the range.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed on the range. Any person suspected of being under the influence will be escorted from the HERO Center.
- No food or drink is allowed on the range. No smoking, unless in designated area outside of the HERO Center.
- We recommend you utilize our free onsite lockers to secure your personal belongings. The HERO Center is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Any damage caused by reckless or careless behavior or action by an individual will be the liability of the customer.
- The range is under video surveillance at all times.
- Due to inclement weather the range may be closed. To keep up with weather closures, please visit the HOME page for any important messages or join our email notification group.·
For public use we only allow bulls-eye targets and DO NOT allow human silhouette
targets. You may bring targets or purchase targets directly at HERO
Center. No exploding targets allowed. (Examples of ALLOWED targets are online
Examples of Targets ALLOWED and available for purchase at HERO.
All targets are subject to availability. Approved targets may change at any time so please check this website for updates or contact the HERO Center staff with any questions.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Requirements for SHOOTING RANGE
- If you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, please do not use the HERO training Center.
- Keep 6-feet of space between yourself and other participants, avoid congregating in areas with others and consider using our outdoor patio for breaks.
- Wash hands often.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Mask/facial covering use is mandatory (unless exemption applies) inside the building, but may be removed once at the shooting lane. Please put mask back on when exiting.
- Limit main lobby restroom use to 3 people at a time. All other restrooms are single use bathrooms.
- While in the range, each stall has glass partitions between each shooter and the range ventilation pulls all air down range into a 3-filter system to include, pre-filters, bag filters and HEPA filters with hospital quality air delivered at the shooting stalls.
10125 85th Street S,
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
(Use GOOGLE Maps, as Apple Maps is currently not correct)
Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
(By reservation only)
Saturday Range Hours: 10 am – 8 pm
Sunday Range Hours: 10 am – 6 pm
Contact Us: 651-458-2811